[VAC] Stuck Tambour Doors

The large tambour door under the kitchen sink is basically stuck.  I tried
cleaning the part of the track I could get exposed with a Q-tip and Simple
Green and then used a few shots WD40 but I can barely get the thing to move!
(absolutely won't open past half way). I'm sure further pushing and pulling
will only result in breaking the door.  To get the tambour door out would I
have the pull out the sink top or is there some easier way to maintain these
things?
Thanks,
Bruce DeMille
was WBCCI 8096 now WBCCI 7676