Re: [VAC] ARGOSY????

Dan, I have a '75 and love it.  Argosy was once not allowed in the WBCCI,
but that is no longer the case.  It was made as a less expensive model.
They have lighter components inside, more like airplanes.  No wood for
cabinets, etc.  They have great front windows, and some models with a rear
bed have the same wrap window in the rear.  I prefer a tandem axle, which
you are looking at.  More weight distribution for all the stuff I pile in
there!  And easier to tow, as I have a heavy pickup truck which pulls better
with a tandem axle behind it.  Ask the seller to let you tow it and see how
it feels with whatever you plan to use - if you have the towing vehicle yet!
:)

They are less expensive to buy than a flashy regular Airstream but have that
same great quality and shape.  Some folks say they are cooler in hot sun,
but I don't know - yet.  Don't know about motorhomes, as they were not a
consideration for me - I want to unhitch.  Also, I am not a mechanic and
don't want to get stuck anywhere till I get help.

I love the aerodynamic lines of the trailers.  Also, I have had a blast
redecorating mine with vintage fabrics and kitchenware - I just like 50s
stuff, though, even though I have a '75 trailer.
Elisa
PS - Let us know what you get - there aren't too many Argosy folks.