[VAC] Parts Supplier

Hi Folks, Just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a supplier for Vintage Airstream parts in British Columbia Canada or western U.S.?  There was a lot of talk about Tail Light Lens the past few weeks but not a lot about marker lights (you know the red and orange ones on the sides).  More specifically I’m looking for…

·        The complete marker light assemblies red and orange.

·        Tail light lens

·        The plastic sky light cover.

And probably a hole pile more stuff.  For a 1960 Trade Wind.

I’m in the process of fixing the rust on the frame rail where it meets the bumper.  I will be doing some sand blasting on the bumper and figured I might as well sand blast the slide out steps and hitch well I’m at it.  My next question is what color should I paint the slide out steps and hitch; they are silver right now and look like they might have always been?   I have seen a few of you do them in black, why?

I have a copy of the “OFFICIAL MOBILE HOME MARKET REPORT” 69th edition, effective January 1, 1959.  The Airstream section starts at1952 to 1958 California and 1953 to 1959 Ohio.  It lists things like model name, serial number series, price new, market value in 1959, overall length, weight.  If anyone would like me to look up your unit please reply to hdrew@island.net it’s another source of info although I’m not sure how accurate it is.

Thanks!

Gene Drew

1960 Trade Wind