Re: [VAC] Parts Supplier

Gene,

From what I hear, the complete sidemarker light assemblies are available. Try a RV or a truck store.

The original tail light lens for 1960 was what is known as a Bargman #99. These have been very difficult if not impossible to find for the last several years. At least one member of this list is working on finding a supplier to make new replacement lenses. I am sure that we will hear about it when this is up and running. Other people have replaced the tail light assemblies with more modern ones. Not long ago one list member had a few pairs available, I believe that he sold out.

Last fall someone on the list found a supplier that was willing to make the plastic "astrodome" vent cover. A cover was sent to the company to make a mould. I emailed that person last week asking for an update. I have not heard anything back.

As a general rule Airstream dealers no longer carry the parts for the older Airsteams. There is no longer a dealer who has all the old parts for Airstreams, some places have more parts than others. Several years back Airstream sold all of their old parts to Inland RV, in CA. I found them useful several years ago, but have recently heard that their supply of parts is dwindling and that service is not as good as it used to be. Your best bet is to ask on this list for the specific parts needed and see if anyone else has been able to find it or a suitable replacement.

The frame on my '60 has been silver for as long as I can remember (early 70's) but may have been painted rustoleum silver. I put a fresh coat on every year or two. I cannot remember the color of the frame when I dropped the belly last year. It was either silver or black.