Re: [VAC] Shocks

Bruce,
 Your local NAPA store has the seals and shocks. Take the old ones along
and match them up.

Warning! Although the shocks can be easily removed once you have the
nuts off, removing them can be a nasty job. In order, here's what to
try:

WD-40, Corrosion-X, or your favorite penetrating oil. Let it soak, and
try removing the nut.

Vibration, using an air chisel with a hammer head on it. Keep applying
the penetrating oil.

Heat, using an oxy-acetylene torch. A propane torch is generally
useless, in my experience, it takes a lot more heat than that.

A nut splitter. Available wherever tools are sold, it will split the nut
without damaging the threads.

Whatever you do, don't just get a breaker bar & cheater and have at it,
you'll wring off the end of the stud and create more work for yourself.
The easiest repair is drilling and tapping and using a bolt and washer
in place of the nut. (If you ignore my advice)

                              Jim