Re: [VAC] Shocks

I have a 1974 International 27 footer with tandem axles.  I removed one of my
shock absorbers and took it to the local NAPA parts dealer and asked them to
match it up. They could not.

It had a "Delco" part number on it and when that was entered in their
database, no match or corssover to another brand came up.  They tried the
"Monroe Hotline" and had no results with that either.

My shock absoprbers are mounted in a nearly horizontal position and  resist a
PULLING force.  All of the shocks NAPA showed me that came close sizewize to
mine resisted a PUSHING force and thus operated in the opposite way mine did.

I checked with several large auto parts suppliers and had no luck matching up
my old shock.

I called the Airstream factory Customer Service Rep-Rick March-and asked him
about the shocks.  He said Airstream uses the same shocks on the new TT's as
they did on mine and Delco is no longer the supplier and he couldn't recall
who the current supplier was.

In any event, they sell replacement shocks at the Airstream store in Jackson
Center, Ohio or you can get them from an Airstream dealer.  Presumably, you
could contact an Airstream dealer and get them to send the shocks to you but
the factory will not deal directly with the customers.  Sirly Partington,
Airstream Parts/Sales Manager confirmed this.

Ed