Re: [VAC] Temp window protector

    I haven't done it yet, so I'm talking without experience and open to
ideas. (not to mention that I'm reinventing the wheel and will make
several mistakes along the way).   I plan to make a rock guard out of
relatively thin clear plastic like I used to replace the glass in my
home's back door the second time it broke when the wind slammed it shut.
 Clear plastic because I love the ability to see right through the 50's
trailers and know if someone is tailgating me out of sight ot the
mirrors.
    My origional trailer, a 66 Caravel, had a green corrugated panel in
a frame that hung from a piano hinge above the window and was raised
like an awning on collapsing arms that locked with a wing nut.
    There are aluminum storm window frame stock which can be cut to any
dimension that I could use to help frame up the panel or there are
numerous sizes of aluminum channel that might give more surface for
attatching support brackets.
     The thinner panels of clear plastic aren't prohibitively expensive
and the rest of the items are reasonable.  I'm going to check out
brackets at the nearest RV superstore this spring. If I get near a model
with the 60's type shield, I'll take pictures to help with fabrication.
Tom Walden