Re: [VAC] Temp window protector

Hunter,

On my Suburban, of which I purchased off our local WBCCI's unit President's widow
a number of years ago, he had installed rock guards on it. Instead of being way
in the back and near the rear bumper he placed them just behind the tires. First
he used some diamond plate metal formed properly to fit.............. then
attached the mud flaps to the diamond plate metal. When I go up a hill and at the
bending point they will drag just a bit as they are mounted so low.

After many miles they are still doing just fine. They would be very easy to
replace if they ever do wear out as they are just attached to the diamond plate
and are easy to get at. Being mounted just behind the tires and very low stops
most all the rocks that the truck would throw up. And I've traveled a lot of back
gravel roads. In fact last summer while on a 10 day trip in Eastern Washington
they were regraveling the roads. New gravel with the oil is nasty stuff. With the
full running boards and these mud flaps the little Bambi was basically untouched.
This was after many miles of these roads. One could sure hear all the gravel
hitting up in the wheel wells though. It gave me nightmares. Fortunately things
had a happy ending though.

Pat