[VAC] Airstream Frame falts

I just returned from Fredicksburgh had a relay great time. Met some wonderful
people.
No sooner than When I returned home I find myself looking at a discussion
about frame sag. Are airstream frames really that incredibly week.I installed
new holding tanks in my 65 tandem axle tradewind.(A dived tank for both gray
and black water) Is there a fatal fault with the frames in general?It gets
scary when I read about the dangers of adding a couple of batteries to the
rear of the coach. Wouldn't that amount of extra weight on the tough (as some
advise) also be dangerious?As there is a lot of distance between there and
the axle supports.
Last summer I hauled over 1000lb of hardwood on the inside of my A.S. 1500
miles that was before I saw all these letters describing all the frame
provlems.When I had the bath floor out I inspected the frame and it looked
substantial to me. What is the true story.? Should I find someone who I don't
like very well and sell the trailer to Him?
A side bar to this discussion. Many of you have seen on these pages my
dislike for single axle Trailers when we were ready to leave Fredicksburg I
discovered I had a flat tire on the trailer.No problem I had a brand new
spare installed it and took off when we stopped some 300miles down the road
for the night I found the new spare was flat(a faulty valve stem) It must
have been flat a long time the new whiskers were not worn off.The trailer
towed just fine. had I had a single axles trailer I would have been in deep
dudu.
Jim smith