[VAC] Airstream Frame faults

Hi Polly,
Ditto on Jim and Mary.  Glad y'all are home safe and sound.  I too hope Mary
is doing ok.  I wish everyone could see the floor Jim put in his Airstream.
It is custom wood with a beautiful wood-inlay border and just looks great.
It was good to meet you Jim.

Polly.  That stress on the back of the trailer bouncing up and down is
called "harmonic stress."  If you remember that building (it may have been
in Kansas) back in the late 50's or 60's that had a skywalk from one side to
the other, it had been designed and stress tested.  However, one night, a
group of people walked out and stood on the skywalk to watch a music group.
When the music started, the group started to dance.  The harmonic stress was
something they did not know to look at.  Short story, the thing fell and
folks were killed.

I bet something like this happened at Airstream.  The frames were plenty
strong for static loads, but when you bounce a heavy load on the end of the
trailer over a rough road ... things change quickly.  Since the tongue is
connected to the trailer (don't hold me to this, I am a psychologist and NOT
an engineer) I would bet the tongue is not subjected to the same type of
harmonics.

I am sure you are going to be so excited to learn this.  :)

Both take care  (Jim and Polly).  Hope to see you again soon.

jerry and deborah
2982