Re: [VAC] Window Retainer Material

Roy,

Thanks for the insight.  Our taillights work, but the plastic is quite faded
after 43 years.  We are making good progress inside, the amateur stain on
the cabinets has been stripped off, and the ash panels are ready for a
Danish oil finish.  This will lighten it up inside quite a bit.  The
original Zolotone looks a bit different than the current closest match,
"desert cammo."  We are going to try and blend it in, and cover up the
miscellaneous scratches and black marks.  I ordered Marmoleum, which is a
genuine linoleum, for the floor.  We have to wait for the weather to warm up
before we can install it.  After that, we look forward to polishing the
exterior.  We're thinking of getting the new lp tanks, to stay ahead of the
government regulations.  Also, it's been raining hard the last couple of
days here, and we've discovered a couple of leaks we will have to deal with.
Nothing Vulkem won't fix, I hope.  One of the leaks I have yet to figure out
where it's starting.  We are finding out, as you no doubt already have, that
vintage parts for these Airstreams are very hard to find.  This is all new
to me--in restoring several vintage trucks and cars, houses, etc., the
vintage parts are usually not that hard to find.  Maybe I'm just not looking
in the right places, and I'm still too green to get connected with the right
sources!

Ken Reed