Re: [VAC] Window Retainer Material

windows with Vulkem and acquire a syringe (think type use for livestock)
and put Vulkem in syringe and chalked glasing with that.  My experience
with Vulkem is that that it should work fine.  Put it on as neatly as you
can then let it set up for a week.  It  stiffens up rather slowly and at
some point you can trim it if it needs to be.  With the syringe you
should be able to create a bead that probably would not need triming.

As to taillight lenses you may be out of luck  according to  discussions
in that past about this issue.   Someone at one time was going to have
some fabriated for some 60's models if enough folks were interested but
don't think it materialized and not sure if they were same as the '57's.
Tail lights on my '56 Bubble were totally rusted out and I finally found
some replacements from NAPA Auto Stores.  A full light that fit the
opening with just a little file work.  It is all rubber and all in one
piece, with a black outer rubber lip. Looks OK.  It was a Signal Stat
4520 Series, S.A.E.-1st-70.  The lens is identified as Signal Stat 9029,
DOT1PP 21 ST 91.   I wonder if the lens would fit your trailer if you
still have the housing.   Each complete light cost at $20.00.  If would
still like to have a metal rim around my lights so if you find anything
that will fit yours please contact me.

Just a hint.  Line the inside of your light housing  with crinkled up
foil and you will double the brightness of the light.  Glue it in with
Vulkem or rubber cement or whatever.  Also did that with side running
lights.

Roy