Re: [VAC] Tradewinds question

Janis,

You can get these long and narrow batteries from your local NAPA auto parts
dealer. They are an industrial type of battery. Tractors and fork lifts still use
them. You can hook up a battery charger directly to it when parked and the tow
rig can be wired to charge as you travel down the road. This is how I'm set up
for my 1961 Bambi. This style of battery isn't the best but I just got about six
years of good use out of the own I purchased from NAPA up here in Everson, Wa.

You probably have electric trailer brakes and any decent RV shop can wire your
trailer and tow rig combo for you. If it isn't all ready youwant that neat old
Airstream wired to the current trailer codes anyways.

Your gray water will run directly out onto the ground even when the black tank
dump valve is closed. You need a "blue tank" for catching the gray water when it
isn't permissable to let it run on the ground, that is if there isn't a sewer
hook up available. You should have a sewer outlet cap that has a small fitting
for a garden hose. This can be run either under the trailer (when allowed) or
into a "blue waste tank" and carted off to the dump station.

That thingy on the tow bar? My guess is you are talking about a sway control
mounted on the trailer's hitch. This, when properly adjusted, helps to control
trailer sway in cross winds or when a semi roars around at 100+ mph. If you do
use a sway control they should be unhooked before backing up the trailer as
problems can happen.

Congratulations on your trailer purchase !! Once you get the hang of all these
little things you'll enjoy it greatly.....I'm sure !!

Pat