Re: [VAC] Re: Scratch removal thoughts

Hi Bob, I hope to see an Argosy Minuet one of these days. I hear they
are laid out nicely.  I think your main problem in stripping and
polishing will be the galvanised steel endcaps.  Additionally, the
aluminum sides and front and rear below the endcaps were rough sanded so
the paint would adhere.  I've heard of Argosys that were stripped and
polished, but I've never seen one, and doubt that I ever will because of
the steel endcaps.  I've seen some Airstreams out of California, that
have been painted a silver color , that from a distance, look like
aluminum.  That might be your solution.
Have you stripped the endcaps yet ??
Good Luck.

Bill Scott,