Re: [VAC] Re: Scratch removal thoughts

Bill and Bob,   Seen your post about stripping the end caps and thought I'd
reply. I am in the process of doing just that. It is tedious hard work,
especially laying on your back with an electric steel bristled wheel, steel
brush and steel wool. It does get the job done. I purchased a spray can of
Dutch Boy aluminum #3737 spray paint and tried a real small area to see what
the effect would be. I was impressed with what I saw. It looks like aluminum
and has a sheen to it that looks clean. In fact I am going back to get
another can, just in case. I'm one of those folks from Calif that you speak
about in your post. Thanks for mentioning about the aluminum where it rolls
under about painting those areas. On my GT there are 2 different materials.
One the same as the skin, the other more coarse.  Thanks for the info, just
thought I'd add my 2 cents.

Jim Stienstra
67 Globetrotter

Jim Stienstra