[VAC] Hi

Hello,

My name is Allen Swanson. I live in Tucson, Arizona. In the summer I
live up at Show Low when I'm not travelling.

I'm a member of the Vintage Airstream Club and WBCCI. I joined WBCCI in
1978 and the Vintage Airstream Club after purchasing a 1961 Overlander
two years ago.

I have completely restored and in some cases upgraded the inside. I'm
now in the process of polishing the exterior. I've been using 3M super
duty rubbing compound #05954 with an electric buffer which does a pretty
good job, but is time consuming and hard work.

I need information and tips on what to use and how to use polishing
agents to achieve a mirror-like finish. The skin is in good condition as
far as dents are concerned, but it has a few scratches on it which I
would like to eliminate. I've tried sanding the scratches with
wet-or-dry 600 grit silicon carbide paper which removes the minor
scratches fairly well, but the deep scratches are require considerable
sanding. Does anyone have tips on how to better remove the deep scratches?