[VAC] Phones-Fulltiming

Hi All,
Want to say thanks on Thanksgiving Day to everyone for the great info,
help, answers, ideas on method(s) of staying in touch when we go fulltiming
at the end of Dec.  We're digging deeper into the Net, too, now. Carl
contacted our phone co. (TDS Telcom) they do not offer voice messaging,
etc. In our searches so far on the Net the wireless voice messaging service
providers in Maine/New England do not reach very far north of Portland, ME.
As they say.... Bummer! The search continues. We're pondering lightly the
idea of relatives/friends in urban areas allowing us to put a separate
phone #/line into their home - then we would be able to get voice messaging
coverage.