Re: [VAC] statpower 20 vs 40

Jim,

Although the StatPower TC-20 is indeed rated for up to 200 AH battery
capacity, the book "Managing 12 Volts" recommends that your charger should
be rated at 25% of the battery capacity.  Having said that, I've already
bought the TC-20 for my two golf cart batteries rated at 220 AH, which is
less than 10%.  As you point out, 20 amps is much higher than the Univolt
output, so I think the StatPower will be adequate for my needs.  I also plan
to hook up two solar panels (80-watts and 85-watts), which should reduce my
need to rely on the charger.

Don