Re: [VAC] Hitch Replacement on Pipe Frame

Elisa:

I don't think that's correct.  It's very common for belly skin rivets to
come loose after a few years of bumping and twisting, and pop rivets are
the only available way to repair them.  It would seem to me that bucked
rivets, as you contemplate, would be the ideal method, if you can get to
both sides of the belly (as you can);  but pop rivets (Olympic) are used
for repairing the rest of the skin and some kind of pop rivet should be ok
for the belly.  We have lots of experts out there - can one use pop rivets
on the belly?

- Dick
(5368)