The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] temp repair Hinge breakage

Nylon washers, interesting

Yes Thank you! I just realized how I can extend my hinge life. The extreme vertical wear on my hinges is threatening to make my door un-serviceable. Until we find an affordable replacement hinge I am going to try installing nylon washers to reduce the wear on my hinges. Of course they are still pot metal and I still have two broken loops on the outside screen door but my main door still has 4 working loops that I have stuck metal washers in to provide lift.They are however worn and the nylon washer may do the trick for a little while longer. OK Marie is happy to now I have another project. Off to Lowes Thanks again