From: Bussiere, Curtis L SFC RET <curtis.bussiere@us.army.mil>
To: sslist@tompatterson.com
Sent: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 10:46 am
Subject: [SilverStreak] temp repair Hinge breakage

Nylon washers, interesting

Yes Thank you! I just realized how I can extend my hinge life. The extreme
vertical wear on my hinges is threatening to make my door un-serviceable.
Until
we find an affordable replacement hinge I am going to try installing nylon
washers to reduce the wear on my hinges. Of course they are still pot metal
and
I still have two broken loops on the outside screen door but my main door
still
has 4 working loops that I have stuck metal washers in to provide lift.They
are
however worn and the nylon washer may do the trick for a little while longer.
OK
Marie is happy to now I have another project. Off to Lowes Thanks again