The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] New shocks for my Silver Streak Supreme Saturn

Hi all,
I finally did it I located Monroe shocks for my
trailer.
They need to be modified a little but they fit
nicely.
I used the Monroe part # 911047. It has the needed
3/8 pin on the top with the loop on the bottom.
The eye on the bottom is for a 12MM mount (LS23).
My trailer is a 5/8 inch mount.
The modification is as follows:
Press out the steel bushing it takes some effort
but took about 10 minutes with a vice to do all 4
of them.
Next I took a 5/8 inch flat wood drill bit and
drilled the rubber bushing to open the hole to the
right size.
(Note a twist drill doesn't work)
So basically I change the Lower loop mount from
the LS23 that the shock came with to an LI loop.
I used a little soap to get the shock on the
trailer.
And so far it looks like it is working well.
Don