The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] Holding Tank Question REPLY FROM CRAIG

Oddly enough, I have a similar problem with my 73 SS Atlas that Patti
described. I posted the question a few months ago and read numerous
tank, a 2nd valve, and a readout on my control panel for the 2nd tank
yet the water from the shower and bathroom sink seem to bypass the tank
and go straight into the main line. When I remove the cap it all drains
out but the kitchen sink water stays in the grey tank. I've flushed the
system, cleaned the tanks, and checked for obvious after market
modifications. No luck. My best guess is that the grey water tank was
installed in 1973 to satisfy the new EPA requirement but they didn't
want the bathroom connected to it thinking that a shower or tub would
fill it too quickly. I would think that changed in subsequent years.
Patti's situation seems pretty straight forward to me. She has no grey
water tank but needs to install a small shutoff valve at her hose
connection in the center of her drain cap. That way she can install a
garden hose to drain the line without the water rushing out at her feet.
The valves are available for a couple bucks at any hardware store in the
gardening section.

Craig