The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Holding Tank Question

Patti,
We have a 1969 Sabre (19 foot) and it is much the same in that there is a valve
for the black water (toilet) but not for the gray water. When you shower or pull
the plug after doing the dishes it runs out the sewer pipe unless you have that
cap on. We bought a cap with a garden hose fitting on it and run a short piece of
garden hose to a 5 gallon container that sets on the ground. Then when the 5 gal.
tank is full we haul it to a trailer dump. In some places they let you water trees
with it, its just shower water or dirty dishes water, but other places would get
really upset so its best to ask. Its not a big deal, just one more thing to learn
how to work through.
Joe

When I open the sewer cap on my 20' 1966 SilverStreak, water rushes out even
tho I have my wastewater valve shut. Then I open the valve, and the solids go
into the hose. I cannot put the sewer hose on where the cap goes without the
grey (?) water spewing out first, then I put the hose on, open the valve and
release the solid tank. What is with that???? Does anyone have a plumbing
diagram? I bought a cap with a small hose cap on it, but the water still pours
out of that as well. Thanks....Patti