The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Fwd: Re: Holding Tank Question

Patti
I have a 65 22 ft Silver Streak and had a similar problem.
I'll make the assumption that we have the same set up. (Both the gray and
black water have their own valve type shut off valves that flow into a T
connector then out.)
My black tank valve would not close all the way and caused the problem you
described.
I replaced both valves and haven't had any more problems.
Before you start, and I can't emphasize this enough, rinse out your black
tank thoroughly.
I was able to replace both in about 5 hours including the time to drink all
the beer.
I bought the valves at Camping World but I would imagine they are available
at any RV Supply House.
_Slide  Valve with Gate Seals - Camping World_
(http://www.campingworld.com/browse/products/index.cfm?prodID=1713&src=SRQB)

Good Luck
Mike Cronin
Phoenix AZ