The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] Hinges for Silver Streak

Eddie,

I use a lot of Stainless Steel fittings on my chemical injection
trailers.  I have noticed that Stainless Steel has a tendency to seize
up over time.  If you do use SS hinge pins, use a "Good" industrial
"anti-seize".  The "stuff" you can get at Home Depot just won't do.

Once I get my hinges changed out, I have no problems sending you my
old ones.  The only problem is, it may be a while before I get it
done, at least a month or so.

Ralph

Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Hinges for Silver Streak

Ralph,
That is what I described, brass pins. The ID of the SS pipe stock will
be 1/4". 1/4" SS bar stock is readily available in several inexpensive
forms. Is there any reason you can think of to not use SS pins with
grease or antiseize? I hope you are successful in efforts to use your
new hinge to pattern a SS set. I hope there is someone out there with
a bad set who would send it to me rather than discard. I will
immediately get to work on the project as soon as I can get a pattern.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX