The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Hinges for Silver Streak

Ralph,
Thanks. I can wait. Understand may be a while. I just don't want to remove
my hinge until I have one to install so that I don't have to find a way to
keep the door on. Understand SS seizure and really think brass pins are the
way to get strength with less seizure problems. I do think a new set, or the
brass pin usage all require annual lube, especially the potted hinge. I
somehow doubt a meticulously lubed original hinge would prevent the ultimate
failure. Both my SS motor home, and the SS trailer have like-failures. The
motor home obviously gets more road use and subsequent vibration to the
hinges than the trailer and yet both are equally failed. I wonder if road vs
sitting even matters on the potted hinge?

Just let me know anything to pay Ralph and I will gladly pre-pay you. Please
use the USPS Priority flat rate shipping which is cheap and dependable for
my experience. Should be $5 or less all you can stuff in a box, no weight
limit, so just pack the hinge in $100 bills since no weight limit.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX