The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Hinges for Silver Streak

Ralph,
I looked a lot on Tom's site. Saw a 68. Like Lea Pugh's 67 they are same or
similar to the Streamline being a thin steel hinge that is maybe not as
pretty, but I suspect never fails. None of my Streamline hinges are failing.
You made me curious about the time span of the pretty pot metal hinges. My
79 Supreme Lux Liner and 76 Continental Motor Home have the exact same
hinges, but the door on the motor home is not suicide. Neither can be used
now without loss of door risk. So maybe the pot metal started in 70 and
ended in 85?

I tried to look at the late model Sterling series models, but none of the
pictures revealed what ever hinge was used. The pot metal hinge is surely
ornate and pretty. Sadly the weak link is the loops which just are not
substantial enough to handle the jostling weight of the quality door. The
stainless will really get the job done and be accent pretty in my opinion.
We won't have the chrome needs if were done in steel.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX