The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] Old stuff old times

Eddie,

As usual I enjoy your take on things, and your experiences.
As my dad used to say, "those who pine for the good old days are too
da** young to have lived through them".

I am restoring a 1970&1/2 Z-28 Camaro with the 350 HP LT-1 engine,
that I bought in late 1971 with 15,000 miles on it, and I do remember
that I could only get about 10,000 miles out of a set of spark plugs,
and the heavy duty "Blue Streak" points would give out after about
15,000 miles.  I also had to replace the float and bowl gaskets in the
780 CFM Holly Carb every two years or so.  BUT that Camaro had heavy
duty springs, oversize sway bar, heavy duty adjustable shocks and
nylon bushings in the sway bars and suspension points and would really
light up the road on a twisting mountain road.

Once I get it restored, I'll sell it, because I don't like the idea of
driving a non air conditioned car in the 115 Deg. F. Bakersfield
Summer.

Ralph