The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] FW: Silver Streak Digest V1 #592

Jonathan,

Thanks for the reference.  For now I will be using the 1/2" x 1/2" D
section seal from Camping World.  I have ordered some Door Gasket
material, that was used on early Airstreams, from Vintage Trailer
Supply, but it will not be in stock for another month or so.

I was to get back my "Repaired" door today for my 26'  1972 Silver
Streak Cont. Atlas, but it was not finished yet, so I should have it
Thursday.  The new Stainless Steel Hinges are finished and look great,
they are smooth, with little or no discoloration from being welded up
with a TIG machine.
I am to pick everything up tomorrow afternoon, and I will take a lot
of pictures of the entire process, including mounting the door back on
the trailer.  I will have the trailer up to the Vintage Trailer Rally
Near Santa Cruz May 30-June 1, and the TCT Rally on the American River
at the end of the summer.

Regards,

Ralph