The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] FW: Silver Streak Digest V1 #592

: Silver Streak Digest V1 #592

Ralph,
Look at McMaster Carr for door seal/weather-stripping materials, they have a
huge selection, most is in stock ready to ship.

I never have understood why the SS's have the suicide doors, it seems to
make a lot more sense to have the hinge on the opposite side, just in case
someone forgot to lock the door before heading down the road, it would also
keep water from being forced in the door jamb while driving in the rain.

Danny,
I have the same issue with my grey water tank, I have been trying to prepare
myself to start drilling out rivets in order to remove some of the aluminum
skin to see if the grey water tank was cracked. Having an overflow drain
makes a lot more sense than having the water leak out and drip from the
joints and rivet heads in the skin. I have gotten the opportunity to look at

several SS's here lately that all have similar corrosion underneath on the
joints
and rivet heads from what appears to be water from a leaking grey water
tank?
Does anyone have any measurements I can use for reference to aid in making
an access door directly under the grey water tank? I have a 1978 30' SS.
Thanks,
Jonathan