From: Eddie <Eddie@Huffstetter.com>
To: sslist@tompatterson.com
Sent: Fri, 23 May 2008 9:54 pm
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Everbrite finish review

Ken,

Tom suggested it was never about EverBrite, that was just the subject line
re-used. Apparently the question was about the little unknown cover in the
trailer. We kept talking about EverBrite and surely our misunderstanding or
confusion was Steve's frustration. Then I stepped off the curb with my
restaurant crap, which further frustrated Steve. I can understand his
irritation. His trailer is a 1950 which would make it non-anodized and
polishable, not something we would be using EverBrite to do. I bet that
trailer would shine like chrome!

I did not know what the little cover was, so I did not intentionally ignore
him, nor I believe would anyone else. I just did not know and there was no
point in trying to answer about something I knew nothing about. So like the
rest of us here, I waited for someone who knew to respond. That never
happened. I suspect whoever might exactly know simply may not be monitoring
the list, if someone with the same trailer and item exists on this list.
Also people are on vacation, busy, and maybe at a rally.

Steve never replied if that was his only trailer so that we could be certain
he wasn't referring to an anodized trailer, and actually wanting info on
EverBrite. He never replied if he used a mirror and flashlight to look down
into the little cover for a bulb or bulb receptacle. So without more, there
is no way to interact unless someone on the list also has a 1950 Silver
Streak Clipper 22' with the same cover and monitors the list to see his
question.

So that's about where we are at with this topic or thread. That was very
kind of you to also try to help. This is a very good list with good people
who try hard to help. Hopefully Steve will send Tom some pictures, including
the entire trailer and then we will either be able to recognize the cover
and help, or we will all get to learn something more about another vintage
SS.

-Eddie-
Houston, TX