The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Dometic fridge free to a good home

Curtis,
On mine, the place for the 12 v is two small spade connectors. When I
supplied 12 v power, I ran the positive side thru my digital multimeter just
to check and read the actual amp draw. The draw barely reads anything and
was comparable to that of one LED bulb. I figure the controller will run on
a little burg alarm / deer feeder battery for about 6 weeks without a
charge.

My instructions read the same. I think the instructions are too generic
universal, including the heat element model of the 3-way fridge. There was
no connection big enough to receive a number 10 wire.

If you will take the time to run your 12 volt power thru your meter set on
10 amps you can also check the reading. If it reads an error, then the amp
draw is exceeding the meters range and you will need the heavier supply.
Simply plug the unit into 120 v ac or to your propane temp service line,
connect the 12 volt supply thru the meter, and read the amp draw displayed.
This will absolutely tell you the amperes draw.

Send the model number and I will look it up for defrost heat element which I
do not believe it will have. The igniter drew less than 1 amp during
ignition. There just isn't anything else drawing 12 volt amperage. Defrost
on mine is pretty much a word gimmick, the system not being like your home
fridge. Defrost timer cycling is a low-voltage on and off of the controller
on mine. Mine is very new so may be different.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX