The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Dometic fridge free to a good home

OK on the serious side. I have one question. The Norcold fridge that I am replacing
my Dometic with requires a 12V DC power supply along with the standard 120. I plan
on using the old outlet used by the Dometic and thought the easiest way to get the
12 V is to run some 10G down from the ceiling light that is over the fridge. The
12V DC powers the control panel, a temp light and the gas elec switching unit. I
looked last night and there is no mention of how much it draws but I will put an in
line fuse in.
As for my old gas elec Dometic. It needs a home. I had mentioned that it has been
getting warmer over the years. That is on the elec mode. It works well on gas so no
doubt just needs a new elec unit. If someone wants it It is here for the taking.I will
also be removing the original furnace and stove/oven I am right outside Fort Polk in
New Llano LA. come and get it
Sorry about the silly story earlier folks. Everyone needs an escape from the down right
seriousness from time to time. Curt