The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Couch?

Hi all.

My 79 SS SLL 32' at one time had a couch bed between the two built in
cabinets in the pallor. What is this called? I think the bottom lifted some,
then pulled forward and the back dropped to form a bed. Is that called a
Jack-Knife Sofa? Or if anyone has the original piece, did the bottom lift up
and fold out, the back staying up, and therefore it would be called a sofa
bed or hide a bed? I don't know what name to call these things. If you have
a hide a bed type, does it have the typical bar that you feel across your
back when trying to sleep on it. Where would you buy a jack knife (if that
is what it is called) if I cannot find one?

Anyway, I want to put a couch-bed back where it used to be as I want to be
able to use the area for a couch type sitting instead of an empty space. The
person before me threw away this piece of furniture and poor made a light
long table for the area for his TV.

Does anyone know what was originally there, sofa bed or jack knife, and does
anyone have one they do not want, or know of one stored that might be
available?  Thank you.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX