The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Powerwash

Carolyn,
You can power wash the dickens out of it and it won't affect the finish. You
can spray it down as you go with your favorite cleaner and immediately power
wash. Just spray cleaner from the bottom up only, to avoid streaks and runs.
Then power wash bottom up if you used any cleaner. Don't put any cleaner on
the anodized gold stuff. None. You can make a solution of Dawn, Dove, Ajax
Lemon or favorite, Palmolive etc into your pump-up bug sprayer and safely
use that, bottom up only and that won't hurt the gold, but the ammonia based
cleaners will hurt the gold. The main thing is that the power wash won't
hurt the silver anodized finish. It is more than super tough. The only
finish to be lighter on is the gold.

Obviously, you need to direct your wash stream away from and not into the
overlapping seams, back off considerably from the windows, door edges,
access doors, trunk panels, and curved front plastic windows. Don't force
pressure into any of your lights. Just use common sense and pressure wash
away avoiding overwhelming leak points designed for rain down, not up or
into. Forget about damage to the black vinyl inserts in the gold trim. That
stuff is very available, UV stabilized and better. I get it in 100' rolls. I
paid about $40 for two rolls with shipping, NOT ebay.

Just wash it. It is incredibly tough finish. NONE OF THIS APPLIES TO A
POLISHABLE TRAILER, only the anodized trailers. All of the Gold can be
ruined so take care on the gold. Just the dish soap solution sprayed on, or
just bucket and brush wash that with a lighter power wash to rinse.

My trailers are as dear to me as anyone. I would not lightly advise the
above as I care about your trailer too. The power washer is a real labor
saver helper for these big long trailers and you will be pleased with your
result. KEEP OFF YOUR DECALS, SERIAL NUMBER PLATES, AND VINTAGE TAGS. NO
PRESSURE WASH or harsh soaps ON ANY OF THESE ITEMS-NONE!
-Eddie-
Houston, TX