The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] wd-40 rinse loosened decals

Eddie,

The orange cleaner they sell in hardware stores will take off old silicone.
Citrus Magic 51 is pretty good.  There's another one I like better, but I don't
have a bottle here to look at.  In general the versions they sell in hardware
stores is stronger than what is sold in grocery stores.  You apply it, give it a
few minutes (maybe as much as ten) and then scrub at it.  Silicone takes
elbow grease but it comes off.  For scrubbing, I've used scrubbers designed
to work in the kitchen teflon surfaces. I've used this orange stuff on my
Sabre cleaning around vents in order to apply new sealant.  I used it on
wood windows when the installers left clear silicone dabs on the wood we
had yet to stain (can't stain over silicone!).  I've also used it on wood, glass,
plastic, etc.  It gets off almost anything without causing damage.  I've used it
to clean off decals and stickers and even roofing tar!

Bev