The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] wd-40 rinse loosened decals

Bev,
Thank you.

The previous owner (PO) must have use Gorilla Silly Cone. It is on the front
curved windows, around every running light, and anywhere he could think of.
I don't know why, because like all sillycone, it does not work, soon
degrades, and the sun makes it fail. The trailer does not leak though the
sealer is away from every place it could seal. Some is now hard as a rock.
Other is rubbery and just won't peel or scrub.

I have tried several "guaranteed" to work orangey type stuff. One was really
expensive, about $9 for a little bottle. Smells like a booth of oranges at a
farmers market. I soaked and soaked rubbed, soaked some more, scraped a
little and soaked some more. Snuffy barked at it too. It is impervious.
Maybe I need to try the WD40. I know that won't hurt the windows, but
anything much harsher like acetone or MEK will instantly destroy the
windows. Of course I can't use much of a scrubbing-type pad against the
windows either. All thoughts and ideas are sure welcome.
-Eddie- Houston, TX