The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Decal reworkings

Mitch,
I think letterings are a decal. Always a source for discussion is the big SS
letters some have on the trunk like mine, and the lettering under the front
windows like mine reads Supreme Luxury Liner and yours reads Continental
Saturn. Some folks make tracings, then have adhesive vinyl letters made,
sometimes UV resistant.

I think on mine I will just cover with masking tape, cut out the overlay,
then paint over the decal by hand or spray. Wish I knew how to air brush
like Bev Harris did. Rattle can paint typically will not hold up, but Tom
Patterson used some Testor's little rattle can paint and I've seen the
result and it is holding up, or at least his Testor's brush-on is holding
up.

Either way, I think just occasional repainting is the method I will use and
then not have to worry about vinyl, adhesives, shrinkage, fading, peeling,
alignment, etc. Those are my thoughts.

I did Google Houston Anodizing and there are a bunch of companies in Houston
that do it. I will find the time to pursue and price getting my logos
anodized. There is apparently any color a person could want for that,
including gold, red, like that. The cast aluminum is apparently perfect for
anodizing. I think an area just below the front windows, and just under the
Supreme Luxury Liner decal is a perfect place on each side of both the motor
coach and this trailer.
-Eddie- Houston, TX (who can then say Duh...it's NOT an Airstream!)