The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Deadbolts

Aaron,
Typically the dead bolt is installed just below the entry latch, about 2 to
3 ", not so close as to weaken the latch plate side, but up enough to get
into the heavier part that you will find there. You generally do not need
more support than the dead bolt casement striker plate added to the opening.
Measure carefully because you only get to cut once.
-Eddie- Houston, TX