The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] ball size

T J Casey,

Cognations on your SS acquisition.  In my opinion the 26' Atlas is the
ideal size.  I have a 1972 26 ft. Cont. Atlas Silver Streak.

What is the size and shape of your rear tail light lens.  The tail
light lenses on my 72 SS is about 4" in diameter and flat, held in by
4 screws.  I have a set of three lenses on each side, the top and
bottom are red and the center one is white.  I was able to find a set
of four lenses in an old trailer supply shop and bought them to
replace my lenses which I thought were a little faded.  After I washed
the old lenses in the dishwasher, I noticed that they show very little
fading or discoloration, so I now have 4 extra "used" lenses, I intend
to keep at least two for spares, check yours lens size and shape, and
email me @

rcooke@bak.rr.com

RE:  Roof vent covers

The roof vent covers are no longer available, my trailer has had the
rear vent cover replaced with a hinged cover.  I believe the vents are
the standard 14" size, so any modern 14" vent is adaptable.  In my
case I am interested in functionality, not adherence to the use of
original "as delivered" parts.

I am fortunate in that a 35 gallon "Grey Water" tank was
professionally added in the mid 1970's to my trailer, so I don't have
any issues in that regard.

Regards,

Ralph Cooke