The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] ball size

We just purchased a 1962 Silver Streak and are going to pick it up this
weekend. The guy we bought it from hasn't pulled it for about 5 years
and can't remember the exact ball size for the hitch. He had one there
that appeared to be a 2 5/16 but he said he tried it and it was real
tight. the 2 inch ball I had seemed ok, but I wanted to get the right
size for sure. It is a 19ft (I think) trailer with a weight distributing
hitch. Any Ideas? Were they all the same or is different based on
specific models? I'm not even sure what model the trailer is, but it
does have the tail light "pods" on the back unlike some of the 62's I've
seen.

Oh, and I am sure glad to find this sight! This is our first camper of
any sort, so let the adventure begin.

Aaron