The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Re towing

Wix, Very nice rig you there...  What year is your SS?  I just got a 1964
Sabre 19, a month ago and planned on towing it with my 1972 Toyota Landcriser
but the gears are a bit to high and I don't want to reinvent the wheel just so
I can tow this SS..  Anyway I found a 1990 Ford F-250 4X4 in good shape and
had to fix a couple of small things and have a hitch put on it but it will
soon be ready for it's first tow..  I've been reading the lines about towing
rigs with interest.  I would like to not have a long truck if at all
possible...  And I think gas is a bad way to go but for now the green is
tight...  Well I did go on a bit there didn't I...  Christopher John