The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Re towing

Hello, thanks, it was a one owner & had the original bill of
sale with it etc... 1973 SS Continental Rocket.
It even had a full bottle of Vodka tucked away under the
bed, it also had a vintage western 1970's Calendar in the
closet as well as an old portable vacuum in the closet. It
cost upwards of $12800 new in 1973.

My 92 Ford F250 had the 460 and it pulled it fine but I went
camping about an hour away from home and it litterally used
a whole tank of gas.
My 97 Chevy 1 ton Dually with the 454 pulled it to the same
place with engine problems, running on bad wires and 6
cylinders half the time and only used a half a tank.
So as far as gas mileage the 454 has done much better.
I have since corrected my engine problems and am going again
this weekend.  So I am curious what it will do with new plug
wires.

If my ford had been an auto tranny I would have just kept
it, as I only use the truck when camping or a garbage run. I
just hate shifting, some people prefer stick shift, but I am
not one of them.

My 2004 Yukon with a 350v8 pulled it as I mentioned but was
constantly shifting up and down and the engine was seeming
to work way to hard. I do not recommend the shorter yukon on
a 28' ft or higher trailer.
If the trailer is a shorter one such as 25ft or less, you
can maybe get away with a shortbed truck or yukon.  Anything
higher than 25ft in my experience works better with a long
bed rig or yukon xl or suburban with the weight
distribution.
My 2000 suburban pulled my show car on a trailer much better
that the shorter version yukon or a ford bronco per say.

If your sabre is a 19ft, you have lots more options as far
as tow vehicles.

Also guys, thanks for the advice on the radio I will check
it out tonight, i will feel pretty dumb if it is an
unplugged wire.