The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Re towing

I towed my 28' ft SS Continental Rocket last year with a 2004 yukon, it did
it, but was not the best for the choir.
I then got a 92 ford 3/4 ton 460 gas V8 MANUAL Tranny pickup.  It pulled it
fairly well but the gas gauge just quickly went to empty as you drove down
the road.

I got rid of that for a 97 Chevy Silverdo 1 ton dually 454 V8 gas. Took it
out once and had bad spark plug wires which made it run on 6 cylinders,
barely made it home.  This just after I took it to the shop and had it tuned
up and spent $450 bucks to avoid this before my camp trip.  I had pulled it
1 other time for a short way, to tell the truth I have not been impressed
thus far. This truck should pull easy but it does not that I have felt
anyway.

Maybe diesel is the way.

Doni