The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Re towing

Its not just the towing alone, although the difference between gas and
diesel for towing is huge !!!

I just went over 200,000 on my 200 PSD and expect to get at least that much
more.  The diesel engine does cost more initially, but the extra life is
worth it.

I have a chip in my truck, which added 3-4 mpg when I had it installed, and
with the chip, I just got 16.5 mpg on an approximately 6,000 mile trip to
California and back to Houston.  That was driving around 65 mph pulling a
22' Streamline,  probably weighing around 4,500 lbs.

-Tom