The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] Electronic Jack

I've been reading all of the postings with fascination, but so far haven't
had anything to contribute.... We have a 79 Supreme Rocket in pretty good
condition. It needs some work - the electronic jack just died on us on our
most recent camping expedition and we found out that we didn't have the hand
crank which caused minor panic until my hubby improvised with a wrench
handle. We have all of the original paper work/ owners manual. We've had it
for 5 years and only used it twice, but its so retro we love it!!  Seems
like it has started to deteriorate a bit recently, but it probably is the
result of non-use.

Thanks to Jim for solving the mystery of why we have none of the gold tone
on ours. It is nonexistent. I thought that it may have been built without.

Does anyone have any hot tip replacing or repairing the electric jack?

Thanks in advance!

Joan