The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] POLISHING

Well, the sanding did work, even if Robert used too coarse a grit.  He is
planning on having it professionally polished, and they have told him that
the polishing will get out such sanding marks that he now has.

Actually, I believe that he had been told (after he already sanded the unit)
that a finer grit would have done the job very nicely.  I think maybe he got
this information from Craig Dorsey of Vintage Vacations.

As you probably know, the polish is really an abrasive too, i.e., jeweller's
rouge.  So one way or another, you are using a grit on the finish.

The body itself can have the anodized finish taken off, but you do have a
slight problem right up against joints, such as up against the windows.  I
think I remember Robert telling me that he was told to use something like a
kitchen scouring pad.

It takes me a couple of days to do the trailer when I do it by hand.  I
don't work non-stop, but rather a section at a time, and the length of time
really depends on how ambitious I am, which in Houston, actually depends on
the outside temperature.

I did talk to Robert, and he has not had the trailer polished as yet.

-Tom