The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] POLISHING

List members:

We have really enjoying seeing the pictures of  Silver Streaks.

Again, I am toying with the idea of polishing off the anodizing on our 33.5
footer.  Who on this list has done this and just how huge of a job is
it?  I have all sorts of buffers and air-tools.  This is such a nice
looking trailer when washed and rubbed with kerosene or some other
petroleum distillate however, it doesn't last but a few weeks and then it
goes back to dull again.

I realize that once polished by compounding the protective anodizing off,
it will require touch-up or re-doing frequently.  What I don't know is how
long (average?) it lasts before needing polishing.  I would assume that
would depend upon the climate and here in Houston has to be very bad for
any raw metal.

Anyway, can anyone give me some input on this such as what
materials/brands, time required, tools required and how many heating pads
will I need at night?  What size did you do?

They really look great with the mirror shine!

Thank you.

Ros