Re: [VAL] Flickering Night Light

I do not know what brand or model of converters include inverters but they
are common on Motor homes and high end travel trailers and yes that is how
several I have encountered work.  My parents Excella had a converter with
inverter.

The converter part converts to 12 volts to charge the battery and run the 12
volt system.
The inverter part connects to the battery (and thus the 12 volt system) and
converts 12 volts to 110 so you have 110 volts to only a couple of outlets
(not all of them) when your on battery only power but when your on shore
power those couple of outlets are still providing 110 from the 12 volt
system which is the 12 volt side of the converter.

One way to find out if you have an inverter if you don't know by looking at
the unit is to make sure your battery is fully charged and unplug from shore
power.
Take a night light and plug it into each outlet to see if it lights up. If
it lights up when your trailer is not connected to shore power, you have an
inverter and the only outlets that light it up are the only ones connected
to the inverter.

Not all trailers have inverters.

--
Warren